Cluster is an intimate VR installation that attempts to elicit AWE in the user. This is done by taking the user through a journey with an overarching narrative that draws on nostalgia, the familiar and the unknown with the intent to bring the user into a state where they can look upon the world with a different perspective. This project was developed at the Centre for Digital Media in collaboration with the School of Interactive Arts & Sciences (SIAT), Simon Fraser University.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Developer (Primary Role) and Animator (Secondary Role).
- Develop and debug a functional prototype of the complete horizontal experience. Animate secondary character and portray the appropriate personality according to the story.
- Adapt, integrate and enhance a controller free locomotion interface produced by SIAT into the experience.
- Collaborate with other developers. Adhere to strict Git protocols while introducing non-developers to GitHub/SourceTree. Being the bridge of communication between the designers and developers.
- Implement assets. Establish project file organisation and hierarchy standards along with naming conventions to ensure efficient communication and ease of future development.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with the SIAT team while following an Agile development pipeline.
- Performative facilitation of the experience, especially through the installation and physical environment.