Earthgaze is an intimate VR installation that attempts to elicit AWE in the user. This is done by taking the user through a guided experience with a story that draws on nostalgia, the familiar and the unknown with the intent to bring the user into a state where they can look at the world with a new perspective. This project is currently being developed at the Centre for Digital Media in collaboration with the School of Interactive Arts & Sciences (SIAT), Simon Fraser University.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Developer (Primary Role) and Animator (Secondary Role).
- Develop and debug a functional prototype of the complete horizontal experience. Produce necessary animations within Unity.
- Adapt and integrate a controller free locomotion interface produced by SIAT into the experience.
- Manage and work with other programmers.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with the SIAT team with the help of an Agile development pipeline.