How do you encourage foot traffic to lesser travelled areas on Granville Island?
Stickls is an Augmented Reality (AR) app for iPhone and Android. This was a semester long project, and a proof of concept prototype developed at the Centre for Digital Media as part of the Master of Digital Media program. The app was designed for implementation on Granville Island, but can be adapted and expanded to different locations. Head on over to the Stickls blog to find out more.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Programmer (primary role) and Artist (secondary role)
- Developed a proof of concept prototype for the iPhone and Android platforms using Unity
- Created some concept art (stickls) which was later part of and inspiration for a larger Stickl Bank.
- Collaborated and communicated with a multi-disciplinary team of artists, programmers, and designers.
- Technical documentation and debugging.
- Video editing and motion graphics.
Concept Stickls created during an early iteration and screenshots of the final proof of concept prototype