How do you encourage foot traffic to lesser travelled areas on Granville Island?
Stickls is an Augmented Reality (AR) app for iPhone and Android. Stickls is a proof-of-concept prototype that allows users to pin stickers in virtual AR space overlayed on actual physical locations. Built at the Centre for Digital Media, the app was designed for implementation on Granville Island, but can be adapted and expanded to different locations. Head on over to the Stickls blog to find out more.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Programmer (primary role) and Artist (secondary role)
- Developed and debugged a proof of concept prototype for the iPhone and Android platforms using Unity.
- Created concept art (stickls) which was later part of and inspiration for a larger Stickl Bank.
- Collaborated and communicated with a multi-disciplinary team of artists, programmers, and designers.
- Implemented assets and communicated technical specification of artwork to artists.
- Technical documentation and debugging.
- Video editing and motion graphics.
Concept Stickls created during an early iteration and screenshots of the final proof of concept prototype